We continue to plan for the 2021 season. We are currently seeking contact with the local health units to determine safe ways to operate and get a better understanding of the capacity our camp may be allowed to have for a safe 2021 season. Our capacity and camper numbers will affect our registrations so we are still waiting to open registration and release camp dates for 2021. We are considering a few possibilities for changes to camp dates for 2021, but hope to have these posted by early 2021. Our goal is to open registration in February 2021, with an opportunity for returning families to have a first chance to register. More details on this will come to you by email in late January.
We have made a decision regarding our May weekend camp that we typically run on the Victoria Day weekend. This camp will not run for 2021. We feel staff will need additional time to be trained, and the camp will need additional time to be cleaned and prepared for the changes that will take place in our 2021 season to keep all campers safe. Thus, we feel May weekend camp would not be in the best interest of safety for all. We typically run our CIT training at this camp. If you would have been a CIT last year, or will be a CIT this year, we still plan to do some of this training. It will just happen at a different time and in a different format. Likely we will have a CIT/ new counsellor training closer to the start of summer.
Hope you all are staying safe,
Grrrruff and the Camp Tanner Board
Leave a Reply.
Covid-19 Updates Page
Hi parents and campers. This is the place to check for updates regarding the pandemic. We are still in the process of sorting out many of the details regarding summer, but this is where it will be as we make decisions. This will be updated once a month (after our monthly board meetings). Expect updates in the second week of each month.