Important DATES & INFO
We are still looking for a Lifeguard, Camper Director and Male Counsellors - apply now!
New Staff need to submit a cover letter, resume and 2 letters of reference. Returning staff should submit a cover letter and resume. Applications should be sent to
Thursday July 4 at 6:30 pm to Saturday July 6 at 7pm. This is mandatory for all staff. Staff will stay over at the camp for the duration of training.
Please take note that most of our planning and communication happens on Facebook. Private groups for 2019 are open now. Once a job offer is given to you, you will be added to these groups. Please message our coordinator e-mail (email@example.com) if you accept a contract and have not yet been invited to a staff group.
Attention Past Staff:
Please send any updates of contact info (address, phone number) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
STILL HIRING for SumMer 2019!
Camp Tanner is an overnight camp which runs six weeks of summer camps and a weekend camp on May Long Weekend each year for campers who are 7-15 years of age. The camp is accredited by The United Church of Canada and The Ontario Camping Association. Staff and volunteer candidates should expect to work with youth in a positive, team environment and live on the premesis from Sunday to Friday of each week which they work.
Preference will be given to applicants who meet the following requirements:
· Previous leadership and/or camping experience
· Education and/or experience working with children and youth
· Positive teamwork and communication skills
· Interest in youth program development and facilitation
· Ability to work with/without supervision
· Preference to candidates who can commit to working 6 weeks
When hired, all applicants will:
· Obtain a current vulnerable sector police check (if 18 or older)
· Attain a Standard First Aid with CPR – C certification
· Be committed to attend ALL training sessions meetings offered by Camp Tanner Inc.
Applications should include:
· Resume and coverletter (highlighting desired position(s) and availability)
· 2 letters of reference (new staff only)
Submit to email@example.com
Positions To Be Filled
· Camper Director will create camper lists, solve with camper problems and aid in camper discipline
· NLS Certification is an asset
· 4 yrs. camp experience is an asset
· Head Lifeguard will oversee the pool programs and maintenance
· Current NLS certification required, maintenance experience is an asset
· Must be 16 years of age (born 2001)
· Most needed for the week of July 28 - Aug 2; option to do a 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm shift
and live off-site
· 1 yrs. camp experience an asset
· Male counsellor will supervise a cabin of 4-8 male campers, planning activities and preparing supplies for those campers
· Must be 17 years of age (born 2002)
· Completion of the CIT program an asset